- 10. The flakes were wet and fat, and they compacted the accumulation significantly.
- 9. For a time, the world was beautifully sugar-coated.
- 8. Our lights flickered every once in awhile, but we never lost power.
- 7. I had time to do the Dreaded Monthly 3Bs. (bank work, bill paying and bookkeeping.)
- 6. Somebody else did the shoveling and plowing. The roads were clear by morning.
- 5. The wind was awesome, as always during a northeaster.
- 4. Due to Daylight Savings Time, it was still light at the time it usually gets dark during a snowstorm, somehow conferring hope.
- 3. The book event with Julia Glass and Stewart O'Nan that evening wasn't cancelled in Portland, and they were great!
- 2. The storm brought in a whole lot of new birdsong this morning. A consolation prize, for sure!
- 1. The sound of snow-melt everywhere today was beautiful.
(I recorded it on my iPhone for you, but couldn't figure out how to put it into this post.)
And, look!! Here comes the sun!!!!
It will all be history by Tuesday.
(if you look REALLY hard, there are some green blades in there. Honest.)